Hilding Anders is owned by KKR. We are a leading global investment firm that manages investments across multiple asset classes including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate, credit and hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world‐class people, and driving growth and value creation at the asset level. We invest our own capital alongside our partners' capital and brings opportunities to others through our capital markets business. References to KKR‘s investments may include the activities of our sponsored funds.
- 1939 Hilding Andersson opens a furniture factory in Bjärnum.
- 1958 Olle Andersson takes over after his father’s retirement.
- 1987 Olle Andersson is succeeded by his daughter Ann-Charlotte and her husband, who continue to keep the full ownership of the company in the family.
- 1999 Hilding Anders merges with Apax Intressenter and brings in new owners from Swedish venture capital companies Atle and Nordic Capital.
- 2003 Bahrain-based venture capital company Investcorp becomes owner.
- 2006 UK-based venture capital company Candover is the new owner and makes the decision to become the world’s leading bed manufacturer.
- 2009 London-based investment company MezzVest, a head representative to a number of investments funds, becomes part-owner in Hilding Anders.
- 2011 Candover becomes Arle Capital Partners.
- 2017 KKR becomes new owner of Hilding Anders