Before becoming a leading global bedding and mattress group, the original Hilding Anders started off as a small, family-owned furniture factory in Bjärnum, Sweden. The transformation into a global force in the industry did not take place overnight, nor did it happen by chance. Following a clear strategic direction, the Hilding Anders Group is constantly reinforcing its market position through organic growth as well as add-on acquisitions. Our group strategy focuses on tailored growth across Business Units to further strengthen our leading position in the bedding and mattress industry.
Our strategic priorities
- Country Business Units (CBU’s): We aim to drive growth and profit across local Business Units by optimizing the product portfolio and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of local brands and where appropriate augmenting the offering with premium brands. Where CBU’s are focused on a wholesale business model we strive to work in partnership to build win-win relationship.
- Converting: By utilizing our global scale, geographic footprint and manufacturing excellence, we will further strengthen our relationship with private label customers, in some cases building dedicated factories for them. We strive to achieve a low cost platform with the required service level to create long term win-win partnerships.
- Premium brands (PB’s): We will expand and grow our key premium brands Bico, Carpe Diem Beds and Jensen as well as Askona in Russia and Slumberland in Asia. By reinforcing our attractive and unique product offering and building up concept stores, we will seek to maximize the value to the final customer. Our PB growth strategy is to invest in international growth foc Bico, Carpe Diem Beds and Jensen.
- Own premium retail: As a key part of our premium brand international growth strategy, we will continue to invest in expanding our own retail footprint in selected geographies via concept stores and shop in shop concepts. We will be open for actively cooperating through franchise concepts with local retailers.
- Innovation: We are a leader in product innovations. Our test centre “SleepLab” in Switzerland not only accelerates product development but also pushes innovation (e.g. smart bed) and captures trends to be utilized and rolled-out across brands and markets.
- Invest in DDTC. We like to invest in highly innovative DDTC businesses to both investigate and learn about new route to market formats as well as using these to help develop our understanding of the needs of tomorrow’s bedding market.